Achieving the perfect brows is a top priority for many of our Nassif Medspa clients. That's why we offer microblading, a revolutionary semi-permanent makeup technique that can give you the eyebrows of your dreams. But what happens after your microblading session? In this blog, we'll walk you through the healing process and what to expect in the days and weeks following your treatment.
The Day of Your Microblading Session
Immediately after your microblading session, your eyebrows may appear darker and bolder than expected. This is normal, as the pigment is fresh and will gradually fade to a more natural shade over the next few weeks. Your brow artist will provide aftercare instructions crucial for a successful healing process.
Days 1-7: The Initial Healing Stage
During the first week, your eyebrows will undergo several changes as they heal. Here's what to expect:
- Swelling and Redness: Some mild swelling and redness around the treated area are common. This will subside within a few days.
- Scabbing: Your brows will develop tiny scabs as they heal. It's crucial to avoid picking or scratching them, affecting the final result.
- Color Darkening: The pigment will appear darker than your desired shade. Don't worry; it will lighten as the healing process continues.
- Itchiness: It's normal to experience itchiness as your brows heal. Again, resist the urge to scratch to avoid complications.
Days 8-14: The Settling Stage
During the second week, you'll notice your brows settling into their final shape and color. Here's what to expect:
- Scabs Falling Off: The scabs will naturally begin to fall off. Let them come off on their own, and don't force them.
- Lightening of Color: Your brows will continue to lighten, and the actual color will start to show.
- Continued Itchiness: You may still experience some itchiness, but resist the urge to scratch to avoid any issues with the pigment.
Weeks 3-6: The Final Healing Stage
By weeks 3-6, your brows will have healed significantly, but the process isn't over just yet. Here's what to expect during this final stage:
- Full Color Development: Your brows will achieve their desired color, and any residual redness or swelling will disappear.
- Touch-up Appointment: Around week 4-6, you'll have a follow-up appointment with your brow artist. They will assess the results and make any necessary touch-ups to perfect your brows.
- Longevity: Microblading results typically last 1-2 years. How long your brows last will depend on your skin type, lifestyle, and how well you maintain them.
To ensure the longevity of your microblading results, it's essential to follow some post-healing care tips:
- Protect your brows from the sun by wearing a wide-brimmed hat or using SPF. Sun exposure can cause the pigment to fade faster.
- To prevent pigment loss, avoid saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating for the first two weeks after your session.
- Avoid applying makeup or skincare products directly on the treated area until fully healed.
- Remember that microblading is a two-step process, and the final result may take some time to reveal itself fully.
Experience Brow Bliss With Nassif Medspa
Microblading at Nassif Medspa is a fantastic way to achieve the eyebrows you've always wanted. While the healing process may seem daunting, knowing what to expect can help ease any concerns. Be patient, follow the aftercare instructions provided by your brow artist, and in no time, you'll have beautiful, natural-looking eyebrows that enhance your overall appearance.
Our medspa, recognized as one of the finest in Beverly Hills, was founded by the renowned facial plastic surgeon Dr. Paul Nassif. We offer the latest and most advanced anti-aging and cosmetic treatments and technologies to revitalize, rejuvenate, and enhance natural beauty.
Our ultimate objective is to help you achieve your desired appearance and boost your confidence. If you have any questions or concerns during the healing process, don't hesitate to contact our skilled team at Nassif Medspa.