What is Kybella? As we age, the body begins to store fat below the chin – an unhappy situation that can cause self-image and confidence issues. Sadly, no matter how much you exercise or how healthy your diet, the fat deposit remains in place for all to see.
What to Expect
Before you begin your Kybella treatment, our professional team will evaluate your individual condition, and talk with you about what you hope to achieve. We will then develop a treatment plan to address the problem of a double chin, and to meet your aesthetic goals. Some important considerations that should be discussed with us before beginning treatment include:
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
- If you are taking any medications
- If you taking any blood thinners
- If you have had surgery on the face, neck or chin, or if you plan to in the future
- If you have had any medical conditions in the neck area
- If you have difficulty swallowing
- If you have any bleeding problems
Once your treatment begins, it will be administered by one of our professionals. You will receive small injections under your chin, which will take only about 15 to 20 minutes. The number of injections you receive will depend upon the amount of fat that has accumulated under your chin.